- Facts & Figures
- Company History
- Our Purpose
- Carlson Credo
- Management Team
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
Asia Pacific portfolio gets a boost with seven new signings in India, China and Indonesia
Singapore | September 30, 2013
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Asia Pacific announced the signing of seven new hotels during the second quarter of 2013, including new Radisson Blu, Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson hotels that will strengthen Carlson Rezidor’s presence in gateway cities like Shanghai, as well as emerging cities and leisure destinations, such Noida and Gorai Island in India. The signings also include a hotel in the holiday destination of Batam, marking Carlson Rezidor’s entry into the Indonesian market. These latest deals bring Carlson Rezidor’s Asia Pacific portfolio to 91 hotels in operation and 65 in development.
Carlson Rezidor Asia Pacific closed the second quarter of 2013 on a strong note, especially in the key market of India, where 25 percent of all the deals signed in the country during second quarter were for Carlson Rezidor hotels, according to Horwarth’s Q2 Hotel Deal Signing Report.
“These seven new deals place us in good stead as we build our portfolio in Indonesia, grow our presence in China and reinforce our leadership position in India,” said Simon C. Barlow, president, Asia Pacific, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. “We are continuing to take the lead in India, and expect to open eight additional hotels there before year end.”
Here is a summary from second quarter 2013:
- Radisson Blu Mumbai Essel World—a 200-key hotel next to Essel World Theme Park, the largest amusement park in India, welcoming 1.8 million visitors annually. Located on Gorai Island, Essel World welcomed 1.8 million visitors in 2010 and is well-established as a weekend getaway destination, as well as a top venue for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE) events. The hotel is also close to Mumbai International Airport and accessible by ferry and via the Gorai-Borivali Highway, which connects Gorai to the rest of Mumbai. Radisson Blu Mumbai Essel World is expected to open in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Kota—an 84-room hotel located in the Indian state of Rajasthan, close to the Kota Industrial Area, Maharao Madho Singh Museum, Sawan Phuhar Water Park and Kota Railway Station. Kota is the third largest city in Rajasthan, and is a major tourist destination famed for its natural beauty, architectural heritage, temples, forts and palaces. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Kota is expected to open in the second quarter of 2016.
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Raipur —located on National Highway 6 in Chhattisgarh, a state that attracts tourists to its scenic waterfalls, hot springs, wildlife parks, archaeological sites, temples and palaces, this 87-room hotel is close to Raipur Junction Railway Station and Swami Vivekananda Airport, as well as Siltara Industrial Park. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Raipur is expected to open in the third quarter of 2016.
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Noida Extension—a 100-room property located in Tech Zone IV of Greater Noida, close to the Noida Export Processing Zone, Logix Techno Park, the Pragati Maidan exhibition and convention center and the Formula 1 India Grand Prix circuit. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Noida Extension is expected to open in the third quarter of 2016, adding to Carlson Rezidor’s presence in the area, which is also served by Radisson Blu Hotel Noida, Radisson Blu Hotel Greater Noida and Park Plaza Noida.
- Radisson Shanghai Qingpu—a 200-room hotel located in Huaxin Town, close to Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, Xijiao International Agricultural Product Trade Center and the Formula 1 China Grand Prix circuit. Radisson Shanghai Qingpu is part of a mixed-use development that will also have commercial spaces, offices, high-end residential units, a shopping mall and food outlets. The hotel is expected to open in the third quarter of 2013.
- Radisson Shanghai Pudong Jinqiao—located in the heart of the Shanghai Pudong Jinqiao Export Processing Zone that houses more than 80 Fortune 500 companies, this 250-room hotel is part of mixed-use development that will also house commercial spaces, high-end residential units, as well as entertainment and retail establishments. Radisson Shanghai Pudong Jinqiao is expected to open in the third quarter of 2013.
- Radisson Batam—a 222-key hotel located on the Indonesian island of Batam, a popular leisure destination for Singaporeans just 12 miles from Singapore’s southern coast. The hotel is part of Bukit Indah Sukajadi, a development that includes an 18-hole golf course, 1,700 residential units, offices and commercial and retail spaces. Radisson Batam is expected to open in the second half of 2015.
Hotel’s slated to open by year-end 2013:
In addition to the announcement of these seven new deals, Carlson Rezidor is on track to maintain its momentum in India, with eight hotels slated to open by year end:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Mysore (Dec 2013)
- Radisson Blu Hotel Guwahati (Dec 2013)
- Park Inn by Radisson New Delhi IP Extension (Nov 2013)
- Park Inn by Radisson Gurgaon Bilaspur (Nov 2013)
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Meerut (Oct 2013)
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Jim Corbett, Uttarakhand (Dec 2013)
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Kandla (Dec 2013)
About Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups. The portfolio of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group includes more than 1,300 hotels in operation and under development, a global footprint spanning 100 countries and territories and a powerful set of global brands (Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM and Hotel Missoni). The group plans to grow the portfolio to nearly 1,500 hotels in operation and under development by 2015. In most of the group’s hotels, guests can benefit from the loyalty program Club CarlsonSM, one of the most rewarding loyalty programs in the world. Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and its brands employ more than 85,000 people.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., and Brussels, Belgium.
Please visit http://www.carlsonrezidor.com
Ben Gardeen, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group | +1 (763) 212-8129 | email@example.com
Joanna Ong, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group I +65 6511 9266 I firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate O’Shea, AKA Asia | +65 6222 6136 | email@example.com