- Facts & Figures
- Company History
- Our Purpose
- Carlson Credo
- Management Team
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group strengthens leadership position in India in 2012
Singapore | January 14, 2013
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups, achieved strong growth in India in 2012 with 13 hotel openings and 13 new signings, sealing its position as the number one international hotel operator in India by number of hotels and earning industry accolades along the way. Carlson Rezidor closed the year with a total India portfolio of 63 hotels in operation and 44 hotels in development.
The 13 hotel openings in India in 2012 have also helped Carlson Rezidor to score several “firsts”. The Group saw the opening of its first Radisson Blu hotels in Ahmedabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur and Nagpur, as well as the establishment of the Group’s first hotels in Hyderabad and Kandla.
Of the 13 new deals signed last year, many were for flagship hotels in choice locations of some of the major cities, resort destinations and satellite towns such as Faridabad, Gandhinagar, Jalandhar, Karjat, Salem, Gurgaon, Bhiwadi and Goa. These new deals have effectively reinforced the presence of Carlson Rezidor hotel brands and the growth of its hotel network across the country.
Carlson Rezidor’s expansion in India also gained added traction with the signing in April of a strategic alliance with Bestech Hospitalities to develop a network of 49 Park Inn by Radisson hotels in north and central India by 2024. Under the agreement, Carlson Rezidor and Bestech will invest USD 42 million in a joint venture to develop the first two hotels, Park Inn by Radisson Gurgaon Sector 88 and Park Inn by Radisson Chandigarh, Mohali.
Last year, Carlson Rezidor also bagged a number of prestigious industry awards, in recognition of exceptional performance. Several of the Group’s hotels in India were named the best in their categories and a few employees were also singled out as top performers in the industry.
“We are very proud of our India team, who has the capability and deep local knowledge to drive strategic growth for Carlson Rezidor in this key market. In 2012, Carlson Rezidor successfully consolidated our leadership position in India, despite the economic challenges in the West and their consequent impact on India’s domestic market. We have forged new alliances, signed multi-property deals and grown our portfolio of opened and pipeline hotels.
Carlson Rezidor remains confident in the potential of the Indian market and we foresee great opportunities to further strengthen our position in 2013. Apart from opening 13 more hotels in India this year, we will continue in our efforts to drive hotel management excellence and build capability at all levels. Carlson Rezidor is also ready to move forward aggressively with rolling out our mid-scale Park Inn by Radisson hotel brand in selected locations in India,” said Simon C. Barlow, president, Asia Pacific, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group.
New openings in 2012
1. Radisson Blu Hotel Ludhiana: 81 keys, located within a shopping district, with easy access to Sahnewal Domestic Airport.
2. Radisson Blu Hotel Ahmedabad: The first Radisson Blu hotel to open in Ahmedabad, 116 rooms, located close to Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Gujarat University Convention and Exhibition Centre and the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
3. Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre: 162 keys, located close to the city’s main commercial and business hubs such as Express Avenue, Spencer Plaza and Raheja Towers.
4. Radisson Blu Hotel Ghaziabad: The first Radisson Blu hotel in the eastern part of the NCR, 147 keys, located in the prime business and commercial hub of Ghaziabad, near Akshardham Temple, the Formula One Circuit, Agra, Haridwar and Rishikesh.
5. Radisson Blu Hotel Jaipur Airport: The first Radisson Blu hotel in Jaipur, 177 keys, located 2km from Jaipur International Airport, close to the city’s prime shopping district and major commercial and business hubs.
6. Radisson Blu Hotel Nagpur: The first Radisson Blu hotel in Nagpur, 214 keys, located close to the airport, railway station and the city’s main commercial and business zones including the Mihan special economic zone.
7. Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Hyderabad Banjara Hills: The first Carlson Rezidor hotel in Hyderabad, 155 rooms, located close to the center of Hyderabad’s commercial hub and near Rajiv Gandhi International Airport and Hyderabad International Convention Centre.
8. Radisson Hotel Kandla: The first Carlson Rezidor hotel in Kandla, 117 keys, located close to the ports of Kandla and Mundra in Gujarat, within easy reach of the airport, railway station and Kandla Special Economic Zone.
9. Park Plaza Chandigarh: 138 keys, close to popular shopping destinations and Asia’s largest rose garden, the Rose Garden of Chandigarh.
10. Park Plaza Shahdara: 91 keys, located within the Central Business District, close to Delhi’s industrial and commercial hub, within easy reach of major business districts like Noida, Connaught Place and Shastri Park IT Hub.
11. Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge: 92 keys, close to Kolkata’s central business district, high-end retail belt and commercial hubs.
12. Country Inns & Suites by Carlson Goa Candolim: 98 keys, located at Bamonvaddo, close to Candolim Beach, the casinos in Panjim and the new high-tech Rajiv Gandhi IT Habitat.
13. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson Mysore: 130 keys, located close to Mandakalli Airport and the railway station.
Signings in 2012
1. Radisson Blu Hotel Faridabad: 120 rooms, located near the industrial belt of Faridabad, a historic city just 25km from Delhi. (2015)
2. Radisson Resort Gandhinagar: 120 keys, located near Gandhinagar’s central business district and the major pilgrimage destination of Mahudi. (2015)
3. Radisson Jalandhar: 62 keys, located in the heart of one of India's leading industrial cities, close to major commercial and shopping districts.
4. Park Plaza Hotel Karjat: 100 rooms, located in a premier holiday destination close to Mumbai and Pune, part of a mixed use development, with direct access to the Ulhas River. (2016)
5. Park Plaza Salem: 124 rooms, located next to the proposed ELCOT IT Park, close to Salem’s central business district. (2013)
6. Park Inn by Radisson Gurgaon Bilaspur: 100 rooms, located along National Highway 8, within a multibillion dollar industrial corridor. (2013)
7. Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Bhiwadi: 50 keys, located close to the Khushkhera and Tapookhera Industrial Areas and Ram Mohan Baba Temple, within the freight corridor linking Delhi and Mubai. (2015)
8. Country Inns & Suites by Carlson Goa Panjim: 63 keys, city-centre location in the capital of Goa - India’s richest state and a popular beach destination, within easy reach of the airport, railway station and beach. (2015)
9. Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sohna Road: 50 keys, located close to the leisure destination of Sohna town, with picturesque views and hot springs. (2015)
10. Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Guwahati: 70 keys, located at Swagota Square, near Rajiv Bhawan, close to the Guwahati Tea Auction Centre, one of the busiest tea trading facilities in the world. (2015)
11. Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Jalandhar: 45 keys, located in Jalandhar, the oldest city in the state of Punjab, northwestern India.
12. Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Jim Corbett: 45 keys, one of the first international hotels to be located near the Jim Corbett National Park, one of India’s most popular national parks. (2013)
13. Country Inns & Suites by Carlson Navi Mumbai: 94 keys, located in one of the largest planned cities in the world, close to the proposed international airport, Reliance Corporate Park and Millennium Business Park. (2013)
Awards in 2012
1. Nilesh Mitra, senior director human resources for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, South Asia, was named “Human Resource Person of the Year” at the annual Hotelier India Awards 2012.
2. Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram, India, won the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP) 2012 Sustainable Hotel Award for Sustainable Operations.
3. Radisson Blu Plaza Hyderabad, Radisson Blu Hotel Greater Noida and Country Inns & Suites by Carlson, Gurgaon Sector 29 were named Best New Business Hotel, Best Luxury Hotel, and Best Corporate Boutique Hotel, respectively.
4. Chef Devwrat Anand Jategaonkar of Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Alibaug won a silver medal for Culinary Artistry at the world’s largest culinary competition, the IKA Culinary Olympics in Erfurt, Germany.
5. Chef Shakti Raj of Radisson Blu Suites Gurgaon won the Master Chef Award in North Indian Cuisine at the 9th Annual Chef Awards.
6. Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Alibaug was named the Best Luxury Spa & Resort at the World Travel Brands 2012 Awards.
7. C.M.D. Mr. Vinay Phadnis, of Radisson Resort & Spa, Alibaug was given the prestigious Excellence in Infrastructure 2011-12 award by the TMC (Top Management Consortium).
About Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group – born in early 2012 – is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups. The portfolio of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group includes more than 1,300 hotels, a global footprint spanning 81 countries and territories, a powerful set of global brands (Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM and Hotel Missoni). In most of the group’s hotels, guests can benefit from the loyalty program Club CarlsonSM, one of the most rewarding loyalty programs in the world. The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and its brands employ more than 80,000 people.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn, and Brussels, Belgium.
Joanna Ong, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group I +65 9172.3008 I email@example.com
Kate O’Shea, AKA Asia | +65 6222 6136 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Gardeen, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group | +1 (763) 212-1418 or +1 (763) 212-8129 | email@example.com