- Our Purpose
- Facts and Figures
- Company History
- Carlson Credo
- Board of Directors
- Management Team
- Company Structure
- Media Inquiries
- Media Contacts
- Media Accommodations
- Image Library
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Newsroom
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Celebrates Responsible Business Action Month around the world
Minneapolis | November 5, 2012
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups, today shared the results of the company’s 9th Annual Responsible Business Action month.
During the month of September, Carlson Rezidor hotels across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific were invited to take action in their hotels and communities by organizing social and environmental activities with proceeds supporting World Childhood Foundation, an organization focused on aiding children at risk for abuse and exploitation and local community projects.
“Our annual Responsible Business Action Month is a time for our 80,000 employees in the 81 countries in which we operate to place a special emphasis on giving back and making a positive difference on a global level and in their local communities,” said Thorsten Kirschke, president, Americas.
Responsible Business activities included a global campaign in which nearly 2,000 hotel employees in 33 countries made a positive impact by collecting and recycling (wherever possible) more than 35,000 gallons of illegally discarded waste in partnership with World Cleanup 2012, the world's biggest environmental and social inclusion project. World Cleanup 2012 unites people from 96 countries on all the continents, under the same goal - to raise awareness, to promote actions and efforts leading to ecologically responsible living locally and globally.
Carlson, the parent company of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, is a founding sponsor of the World Childhood Foundation with other international corporations and Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden in 1999. Contributions of more than $175,000 have been raised globally by the six Carlson Rezidor hotel brands.
- Throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, Carlson Rezidor hotel employees participated in ‘Walk the World for Childhood’ by hosting individual 5K runs or employee/family fun walks, logging 2,141 miles and raising $21,474 for World Childhood Foundation.
- In the Americas, members of Club Carlson, the global hotel rewards program for Carlson Rezidor, donated 4,041,012 points to World Childhood Foundation in conjunction with the campaign. The Carlson Family Foundation then matched the value of these donations.
- In EMEA more than 260 Carlson Rezidor hotels celebrated their ninth year of participation in this annual event donating more than 100,000 EUR to World Childhood Foundation and 30,000 EUR benefiting local community charities.
- In the Asia Pacific region, 65 communities in eight countries benefitted from the efforts of over 4,000 employees and 730 members of local communities taking part in various activities, raising $27,000 World Childhood Foundation, planting 5,700 trees and saplings, and donating more than 1,000 units of blood.
“I am truly inspired each year by the dedication of our employees, their families and our guests to go above and beyond in support of their communities,” added Kirschke.
Responsible Business Action Month is part of Carlson’s, overall Responsible Business strategy that addresses how the company interacts with all of its stakeholders, including its people, its customers, its partners, its suppliers, the environment, governments, and the communities in which it operates. For more details about the company’s Responsible Business strategy, please visit www.carlson.com/responsible-business/.
About Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group – born in early 2012 – is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups. The portfolio of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group includes more than 1,300 hotels, a global footprint spanning 81 countries and territories, a powerful set of global brands (Radisson Blu, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM and Hotel Missoni). In most of the group’s hotels, guests can benefit from the loyalty program Club CarlsonSM, one of the most rewarding loyalty programs in the world. Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and its brands employ more than 80,000people.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., and Brussels, Belgium.
About World Childhood Foundation
World Childhood Foundation’s work is aimed at the most marginalized children, the ones most often ignored and forgotten. Childhood supports over 100 projects in 16 countries, working with children victims of abuse, families at risk, children in alternative care and street children. http://www.childhood.org/
Ben Gardeen, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group | +1 (763) 212-8129 | firstname.lastname@example.org